This is not a recipe so much as it is a suggestion for what you should be eating for breakfast.
You could think of it as a public service announcement, really.
Brussels sprouts, ground beef, sweet potatoes, and a fried egg. Because it just feels right.
Beef + Brussels Sprout Breakfast Bowl — Gluten-free, Paleo, and Whole30 compliant.
- 1 tablespoon ghee (or coconut oil)
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- Garlic salt (I like the roasted garlic salt grinder from Trader Joe’s)
- 1/2 cup grated sweet potato
- About 4 ounces of ground beef
- About 5 ounces of shredded Brussels sprouts
- 1 egg, cooked your style
In a cast-iron skillet, heat the ghee over a medium flame. Once it’s warm, add the onion and a bit of garlic salt and saute for a few minutes, until the onion is soft and translucent. Add the sweet potato and continue to saute for a few minutes longer, until it’s also soft. Add the beef and a bit more garlic salt, and cook until the meat has browned and is fully cooked. Then add the Brussels sprouts and saute for about five more minutes, until they are bright green and a bit crispy on the edges. Salt again, if needed, and top with an egg.