Guys, it’s Halloween. And look what I have for you. A trick and a treat. Do you have a jar handy? It could soon become enchanted if you follow my lead. I know — how spooky of me!
Walnuts, coconut milk, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, chia seeds. They do a little dance in your food processor. You know the one I mean. Buzzz buzzz buzzz. It’s a loud dance, but a righteous one.
(Don’t forget to lick the bowl.)
Lightened-Up Pumpkin Maple Walnut Butter.
Adapted from Oh She Glows.
- 1 cup raw walnuts (soaked 2+ hours and then drained)
- 1 cup canned light coconut milk
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons Bourbon vanilla extract (or sub regular vanilla extract)
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup (preferably grade B)
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
Put all ingredients into a food processor or high-speed blender and process until smooth. Serve with apple wedges or spoon directly into your mouth like you have no shame.